The Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System family lives with the conviction not only that personal appearance bespeaks one’s identity but also that it either adds or detracts to the general morale of the academic community.
- Fitness and propriety: Wherefore, the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System accepts only those young people who are proud to wear its uniform in a way that is fitting and proper. It, furthermore, reserves to itself the exclusive right to determine the criteria for fitness and propriety.
- Identity and dress:Dress will be symbolic of the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System students’ inner self and aspirations: i.e., orderliness, cleanliness, modesty, decency, virtue, emotional stability, other-centeredness, respect for others and for all things important, etc. Whenever the student is wearing the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System uniform, his every action should bespeak the presence of a Christian lady or gentleman.
- Behavior threatening the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System’s good name: Because the proponents of the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System are convinced of the schools’ unique contribution to society, any scandalous behavior, on or off campus, threatening the good name of the Pharr Oratory of St. Philip Neri School System is grounds for expulsion or for the school’s refusal to renew the contract.
Some house rules to promote family:
- All daily and Mass uniform items, including socks, must be purchased from Parker Uniforms Co., Harlingen, Texas.
- Students must be in full uniform at all times on campus.
- All shirts and blouses must not be allowed to dangle outside.
- PE uniforms and school shoes must be purchased from Parker Uniforms Co., Harlingen, Texas.
- The monogrammed full zip polar fleece jacket from Parker Uniforms is required for Grades PK – 6. No other jackets are allowed.
- Jackets in school colors (navy, red, grey, black, blue) may be worn in grades 7-12.
- Navy poncho with logo from Parker Uniforms is required FOR ALL STUDENTS. Students will be taken to outside fetching points and will need this article if it is raining.
- Properly clothe your child(ren) during inclement weather.
- All uniform items must bear the student’s name.
- 9-12 Grade Blazers may be embroidered on the inside pocket only. No individual logos or family crests are allowed on uniforms.
- Girl’s ornaments: Only one pair of earring studs is allowed. One bracelet and one spiritual necklace are allowed.
- Boy’s ornaments: One bracelet and/or one spiritual necklace are allowed. NO EARRINGS.